Equity in West Fargo Public Schools
West Fargo Public Schools in N. Dakota is undertaking a considerable community-wide effort to address equity in their schools. Beth Slette, superintendent, has forwarded their work and agreed it can be shared. It is a large, year-long effort with outreach to community members in fashioning their next steps. Feel free to contact Beth at 701.356.2000 or her assistant, Alicia Severson, for more information. We will endeavor to keep this site updated as their work progresses.
Message Content for Tuesday Tidbits and Family/Student Email:
West Fargo Public Schools (WFPS) is looking for participants to serve on an Equity and Inclusion Task Force. Participants may be high school students, parents/guardians, staff members, community partners, or other stakeholders who are willing to share their time, perspectives, experiences, and expertise with others with the focus of ensuring equitable educational experiences for our staff, students, and their families.
Applications for the Equity and Inclusion Task Force will be accepted through an electronic survey that will be open until 11:00 PM on Sunday, March 7. Individuals will be notified via email the week of March 15 if they were chosen to serve on the task force.
The task force will meet 14-18 times, starting at the end of March 2021 and wrapping up by June 2022. All meetings will be held from 6:30-8:00PM online.
Task Force Charge:
- Participants will examine all aspects of the district including policy, communications, curriculum, instruction, strategic planning, professional development, human resources, results, etc….
- Participants will provide district leaders with feedback regarding current practices.
- Participants will propose possible solutions and suggestions for district consideration regarding equity and inclusive practices.
- Participants will assist in creating a vision for equity and inclusion in West Fargo Public Schools.
- 6:30-7:00 PM: topic presentation by department leaders
- 7:00-7:40 PM: small group discussion led by department leaders
- 7:40-8:00 PM: share out, Q and A, exit survey